Saturday, March 19, 2011

First photos of the Super Moon today

Celestial Treat in the Night Sky: The Super Moon at its super closest
Our prettiest neighbour came up close and personal tonight! While everybody speculated about what the Super Moon's would do, could do, did do and did not do, I followed my own advice given in my article on the causes and effects of the Super Moon. Yes, folks, I took out my handy Panasonic Lumix camera, zoomed in on the beauty and here are the results of the Super Moon images for all to see and admire:

Playing peekaboo between tree leaves

Zooming in on the Super Moon

At her brightest best

Without the zoom

Rings of light and shade caught around the Super Moon

2 comments:

  1. Hi,I'm waiting for the Super Moon here in Brazil, North region, Rainforests.Bye,Dolores Coelho (18:47 p.m now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367956/Super-moon-Amazing-pictures-lunar-planet--nearest-Earth-20-years.html

    ReplyDelete