Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Father's Day Gifts

When was the last time you hugged your Dad and said, “I love you” ? That query set you thinking, right? I am sure it was when you were a ten-year-old!

It is sad, but true, that only when the persons we love the most go from our lives that we really really realize how much they truly loved us and their impact on our lives. Your Dad is one such person. That is why there are birthdays and a day named Father’s Day ever year – to remind us to reciprocate that love.

So what would be my choice of gifts? I decided that the gifts I selected would be ones that would be useful and not just gifts that would be showpieces in a cupboard.
First and foremost I would replace my Dad’s old chair with a brand new upholstered chair. That back which gave me piggy-back rides as a kid needed a comfortable lumbar support and the hands that embraced me with love required soft hand rests. A Staples Luxura chair would be ideal, with its adjustable-height feature and soft cushioning. Sure, it is expensive at over Rs.5000/-; but then love cannot be considered in terms of monetary value.

Next, I would buy a calculator. My Dad constantly adds up figures on a small calculator that requires extra jabbing of the fingers to get it to work properly & has a faint screen. I would replace it with one of those new ones that cost a little over Rs.2000/-
This type has a nice wide screen and is easy to use, not to mention with a better range of calculating facilities.
My third gift would be one that is used on a daily basis – a pen. The Luxor Pilot Hi-Techpoint pen with a price tag of Rs.50/- comes in various ink colours.
I would buy the ones my Dad uses often – black, blue and red.

All these gifts would, naturally, be accompanied with a lovely bunch of flowers, a warm hug and the words “I love you, Dad. Happy Fathers’ Day!”

I just wish my Dad was still around to celebrate Father’s Day…

No comments:

Post a Comment